- After castable refractory is mixed with water, its softness is called consistency. That consistency is significant for performance of refractory material. No matter how high quality the material has, if the application is not done properly and the result of application will be negative.
- Air condition and used water temperature should be +5/+25o C, respectively in gunning castable application. The material can be stored in dry condition without humidity provided that it is laminated as 6 lines.
- Gunning machine is an optimal choice. Besides, gunning castable refractory can be applied by plastering method.
- Should be made smooth on surface of gunning castable before beginning setting.
- To prevent early setting, should be wetted by injecting water through machine channel or covered with wet sack.
MATTERS TO BE CONSIDERED IN GUNNING CASTABLE APPLICATION:
- Gunning mixes in castable refractory should be implemented by gunning machine.
- 10 bar preesure and 7m3/minute volume of air are needed for gunning machine.
- Should be worn in particular workwear and glasses during the application.
- The area is expected for application with nozzle tip should be at least 1 meter, up to 1,5 meter.
- Should be waited 24 hours.
- Heat cure process should be implemented.